I showed you the one on the right before, wondering how is was formed. Well, I still wonder. Maybe even more so, as
I found a similar one.
I found a similar one.
the one on the left has very similar marks, only finer.
I see that I have a few followers by now. (thank you guys!) Is there anyone out there that knows more about these rocks than I do? I hope one day someone will venture forth and tell me what they think, or know!
Pine ridge rock
It looks like those might be trace fossils, so maybe burrows or tracks from an ancient organism. I'm not an expert and it's been awhile since I've done fossil ID on a regular basis so that's just a guess. :) Where do you go rock hunting in Belize? I'm headed there in a couple weeks and would love to expand my collection.
ReplyDeleteThanks Grace. Someone mentioned cutting them to see the insides but I have not yet decided I want to do that. If you come to Belize please consider visiting here:) I do most of my hunting on the roads that are covered in gravel. I like to joke that we drive on jasper and agate roads. LOL. And this mostly in the Cayo area, near or in Spanish Lookout. You are also welcome to email me.
DeleteHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA IDENTICAL ROCKS
ReplyDelete